<body>

Veteran of sorts


Photobucket



Archives


October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009





Friday, December 21

A month ago, I was having the time of my life in South Korea.
Uh, so I'm F-I-N-A-L-L-Y going to give a detailed post of my trip after contemplating for so long.



Chunk 1; dayonetwo (National Folk Musuem of Korea, Everland Theme Park)

Flight to Incheon International Airport at 1 in the morning> Two hours of sleep> Dream-Land






That is my 39 going 40 years old, China-man-who-was-born-in-Korea, tour guide.

They say that any couple that touches this stone sculpture's (Dolharubang) big nose will bear a baby boy.
The stone tower constructed neatly by piling stones up in the shape of a cone is believed to ward off evil and invite good luck whereas the poles called Sottaes are believed to ward off diseases and evil spirits.




Clusters and groups of students commonly WITHOUT DOUBLE EYELIDS from the age of 4-10 years old could be seen roaming about in the museum. One, even had his hair dyed.





On the road heading towards the ginseng chicken soup restaurant for lunch, there was this riot for the handicaps. Because riots would/could never occur in Singapore, therefore, it was quite a rare sight seeing the participants of the riot carrying banners, and throwing their fists into the air.


Next and final stop for the day was the spa/water resort where we spent the rest of the day soaking inside the jacuzzi, drinking soju while chewing on dried squid, watching the telly and falling asleep, on traditional Korean bedding laid on bedroom floors with underfloor heating, upon getting drunk simply on just 4 cups of soju. I wish I could do that everyday.



"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""


We spent the afternoon on the second day in Korea at Everland theme park. It rained that afternoon so the day was kind of screwed because we had to have our raincoats on most of the time and it was troublesome/tough trying to take pictures while trying to prevent rainwater from splattering onto the camera. Anyway, we saw bears/monkeys/giraffes/lions/tigers/elephants/owls in Everland's Zoo Topia. I remember in particular the lion-tigers oddly/weirdly special. The bears were the highlight though. Knowing that they would be rewarded with biscuits, the bears obeyed when they were told to stand up and they even did the Buddha hand gesture *clamps palms together when told to do so. We then watched a 3D animation film. I give it two thumbs up. The film was awesome though it was a short one. I swear Singapore's 3D animation films can/will never beat Korea's.

So after lunch, taking photographs here and there and wandering around Four Seasons Garden where Christmas came a little too early, we took a skyride to the upper portion of Everland where most of the roller coaster rides were. It was the first time in my entire life riding on roller coasters in the midst of a rainfall. Turning 360 degrees not just once and zooming along the track of a roller coaster with rainwater splashing onto our faces; the feeling was wayyyyy better than a sugar rush x100.

Following all the excitement, we went for some snacks at a fast food restaurant before going window shopping (and seeing lego-made Harry Potter and Emma Watson). There after, we waved Everland goodbye, stopped by a theatre to watch a cultural performance and headed for Yong Pyong Ski Resort after dinner and the renting of ski outfits. It was the only night out of the 6 nights in Korea that Korea snowed or maybe the only night that I saw it snowing in Korea. Whatever it is, it snowed for merely 10 minutes only. Pathetic, I say.




















8:32 PM

|